21/09/2012

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies


When I started this blog, about two months ago, I was on holiday and I did not have a job. In a way, 'Just eat it' is the result of those bygone days of boredom and hunger. (Because regrettably hunger is always the direct consequence of boredom.)

Now I am back in college AND I have a job. Major change. I still have to get used to juggling it all.
Unfortunately I lack the talent of juggling, guess I will never make a career as a clown...

While I somehow always find the time to read the bazillion food blogs I follow, I couldn't find the time to squeeze in a baking session between working my butt off and reading Charlotte Bronte.
The boyfriend thought this is a lame excuse and subtly let me know that he hadn't been spoilt with baked goods in a while...


Which is a quite justified complain. There should always be at least a jar of cookies in the house. That's like a rule, isn't it? No exceptions.

And I do want to find the time to bake. Baking is my happy place, when I'm in the zone nothing else, not college work or to-do lists or work related worries seem of importance. I am fully content with life. Do you know what I mean?


These cookies are incredibly simple. There's no secret ingredient involved, no special kitchen gadget required. Mix and stir and pop it in the oven.
Boom. Makes your place smell of the homey goodness that are cookies.

Go on, take one straight from the tray when it comes out of the oven, maybe two, no regrets here. Lie back. A cup of tea would be a good idea too. Turn on an old episode of Sex and the City. Dawson's Creek? No judgements. Read a book? How sophisticated you are.


And PS.: If it was one of those days that requires more than a healthy dose of chocolate....double up and sandwich two cookies together with a filling of melted white chocolate.
Solves. Everything.


Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 16)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 medium egg
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth.
Add the egg. Stir in the flour and baking soda.
Fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake at 180C for 15-18 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown on top.

3 comments:

  1. this post was so evil in a good way and it might mean i'll have some chocolate chip cookies tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens. These pictures make my mouth water...this looks SO yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look so good! Your photos make them look irresistible. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...