07/09/2012

The Porridge Diaries: Banana Bread

Guys, I present to you the second edition of "Edith Eats Porridge That Tastes Like Cake", today with a cake that's very close to my heart.....Banana Bread.


Banana bread has made its first appearance in my life when I spent some time in Australia. I used to eat it by the loaves. Safe to say, it wasn't a very healthy relationship. 

I consider one of the few major achievement in my life to be creating a recipe for Super-Healthy Banana Bread. Major. 
It's like the best thing since John Travolta in 'Hairspray'. 

But it was only a matter of time until banana bread would find its way into my breakfast porridge...

Banana Bread Porridge
1/2 cup porridge oats
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup water
1/2 mashed banana
1 tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 sliced banana

Cook the oats with buttermilk and water until soft, for about 3 minutes. Stir in the mashed banana, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Serve with walnuts and banana on top.

Aaaand, have a great start into what's going to be a fabulous day! :)


3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Edith! Banana bread is such a devil - it never lasts more than five minutes at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat a lot of oatmeal in our house, and I this looks delicious. I will definitely give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love banana bread but have never made it like this! this sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...