17/08/2012

The Porridge Diaries: Carrot Cake

Guys, I had an 'Eureka' moment.
I have found it....

You know those people who judge other people for eating cake for breakfast....Yeah, if you are one of them, please don't do that anymore. You don't make me feel good while I stuff my face with spoonfuls of chocolate icing and cover my formerly clean outfit with cake crumbs.

Anyway, people ain't gonna judge me no more because from now on breakfast time is porridge time!!!

Because porridge slash oatmeal (they are the same thing, aren't they??) is undoubtedly the breakfast of champions.
Fellow food blogger Kath from Kath Eats Real Food is clearly of the same opinion, check out her Tribute to Oatmeal where I got my inspiration and massive craving from.


This is the first edition of "Edith Eats Porridge That Tastes Like Cake" featuring Carrot Cake.
I made porridge that tastes like carrot cake. That's right.

Oh dear, I am way more proud of this achievement than I should be....

Carrot Cake Porridge
1/2 cup porridge oats
1 cup applesauce*
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup walnuts

Cook the oats and the carrot in the applesauce for about 3 minutes, add water depending on how creamy or liquidy you like your porridge.
Add flavours and toppings such as sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts (or pecans) to your liking.

*I made the applesauce myself. It's really easy. I cooked one peeled and roughly chopped apple with a cinnamon stick and cloves in boiling water for about 10 minutes. When the apples were soft I transferred all the apple pieces into a blender, added about 3 tablespoons of the remaining water in the pot and blended until I got a smooth and creamy sauce. 

6 comments:

  1. how yummylicious! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment just made my day!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an absolutely awesome idea! nutritious & delicious. a perfect start to any morning!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Ich liebe dein blog. ich wurde gerne diese Speise probieren , und die mit avocado un kiwi, ich hoffe bald koce ich dem! Küss und viel Erfolg mit dein Leidenschaft:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen lieben Dank :) Ich hoffe, es schmeckt, wenn du es probierst!!

      Delete
  5. It's amazing in favor of me to have a site, which is useful in favor of my know-how. thanks admin
    Here is my weblog ... african mango meltdown

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...